Ask The Charlotte Home Inspector

Your Charlotte Home Inspection Questions Answered!

Ask The Charlotte Home Inspector header image 2

The need for Energy Performance Certificate when Selling a House in the UK

July 6th, 2012 · No Comments

The minute you decide to sell your U.K property, you really should search for ways of increasing its value for better returns. You can push up your property’s selling price, for instance, by taking advantage of the Energy performance certificate (EPC). The certificate is amongst the documents you need to carry out the sale and it provides information on your residence’s normal energy cost in add-on to recommending ways of cutting down annual energy bills. Therefore, you can progressively adapt green energy such as biogas and solar energy to push up your home’s value.

Most property investors in the U.K are in search of properties fitted with effective energy systems following the government’s ambition to obtain 5.5 percent of U.K’s energy from renewable sources by 2020. According to the department of Energy and climate change (DECC), homeowners who have adapted clean energy obtain energy tariff rebates attained from those who are still dependant on non-renewable energy sources. This makes buying a property fitted with green energy systems more profitable amongst investors. As a consequence, you will be able to attract greater demand and land a better deal.

EPC energy performance rankings in the U.K are leveld from “A” to “G”. Most efficient home energy systems are awarded class A as G means low energy performance hence you can use a favorable level as a bargaining chip. This is because the buyer will not need commit add-onal cash in upgrading water heating, lighting and cooking systems to conform to residential green energy directives issued by the government.

The certificate is only needd when you are selling a house inside a residential area. This means that properties such as factories, places of worship and buildings measuring below 50 square meters do not demand you to have the certificate when transferring your property’s ownership to another person.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: Unusual Findings

0 responses so far ↓

  • There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

Leave a Comment